Become a High Performing Manager
Today’s PowerMove Monday focuses on managers. If you aren’t a manager yet, pay attention anyway. You will eventually manage and supervise people and you will want to get it right the first time.
High performing managers do 3 things:
- They believe in the strengths and talents of their teams and show it by developing their staff and showing appreciation for their hard work and the unique talents that each individual brings to the table. They set their team members up for success, looking to “catch them doing something right” and not looking to catch them doing something wrong. It’s important to set your staff up for success and professional development does that.
2. Power move managers also focus on engaging their staff. By focusing on engagement, collaboration will improve. Managers who stress and encourage collaboration create focused and engaged teams. Focused and engaged teams are more successful.
3. Power move managers are also performance-oriented. They set clear goals and clear expectations. They also measure outcomes that allow for quality feedback.
If you are a manager and you are already doing one of these, then you are on the right track. If you are a manager and you aren’t doing any of these, consider changing your paradigm and philosophy about how you deal with your staff and how you work with your team.
According to Gallup.com, teams that focus on strengths
- have 12.5% greater productivity
- are 6X more likely to be engaged in their jobs
- and experience 37% lower absenteeism
Guess what the biggest impact on engagement is…THE MANAGER!
So if you are wondering why your team hasn’t been engaged lately or if you are wondering how you can stimulate your team to get more out of them in ways that also satisfies the team, consider making some power moves around engagement, performance-oriented strategies and something as simple as a little appreciation for a job well done can go a long way.
#powermovemonday #solutionsnotresolutions #yougotthis